Structure Health Monitoring Systems
We design, install, and commission Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG)-based Structure Health Monitoring Systems for bridges, buildings, pipelines, tunnels etc.
Each system consists of a structure-specific set of strain, temperature, inclinometers for modal responses, displacement sensors, tilt sensors.and accelerometer sensors. The sensors are integrated using a sophisticated monitoring software.
The customized Graphical User Interface software detects the structural damage, evaluate the structural safety conditions and assists in predicting the remaining service life.
The systems monitors environmental loads and structural behavior in a continuous and real-time manner.
Software is designed as an integral part of Structural Health Monitoring Systems, this interface is capable of communicating with numerous sensing systems to display status and provide information in one centralized user program which can be accessed remotely. The system monitors, gathers data and provides alerts and analysis when various sensing systems approach or exceed established limits on bridges and other load bearing structures.
Electrical Resistance Corrosion Sensors, Weight in Motion Sensors, Weather Stations, pier hatch door security sensors, and water depth sensors may also be incorporated in SHM systems and fully integrated into the software.
Software features include:
- Easy to use user interface allows users to quickly and easily see alerts and take appropriate action
- “Green-Yellow-Red” status constantly displayed on Home screen
- 3-D graphic representation of bridge with all sensor locations, by zone.
- Secure screens designed for easy setup and adjustment of sensor thresholds and other parameters by engineers and access to database and advanced reports
- Multiple threshold compensation settings
- Automatically sends emails and displays on-screen alerts to engineers in charge.
- Full data capturing and reporting capability by individual sensor or groups of sensors. All events are recorded and time/date stamped.
- Reports generated by user-defined time periods, peak events, most recent week, 30 days, or 3 months.
- Scenarios Matrix for possible causes of yellow and red alerts
- Database keeps historical sensor and alarm readings -downloaded regularly to
the cloud and user servers for archiving and analysis.
- Optional remote live camera interfaces with up to 99 preset locations each.